Feb 15, 2011

All you (and maybe me) need is love



So yesterday was the VD.  Valentines.  Cupid's target practice.  A florists paradise.  The day that women wait for like a kid on Christmas morning and men despise like April 15th (that's tax day in case you didn't know).  And today is the day that men wake up with a kink in their neck from sleeping on the couch cause they forgot about VD again.  Like the guy I saw sprint into Smiths at 11pm, buy the first flowers he saw, and sprint back out to his car.

So I didn't have a valentines date this year (the only time I've been in a relationship over Valentines was in highschool.  I still remember the donuts, thanks A) but I certainly enjoyed reading about everybody else's day on facebook.  I knew people are both overly cheesy or bitter on this special day but wow!  Let me share a few of my favorite things I saw.


Here's one guy telling his girlfriend about the great lengths he goes to to profess his love, posted at 12:02am on Valentines.


"I set my alarm for midnight so that I could tell my (insert name here) Happy Valentines Day!!! I hope it is a good one. You are pure happiness to me... See ya in a few hours. Love you"

Way to go Romeo, nothing says love like staying up an hour past your bedtime.

My personal favorite was this event I was invited to called 1438 Valentines For My Wife!!  Here's the description:

Happy Valentines Day!!! I need your help even if you don't know (WIFE) ... Today to surprise my wife and make it a valentines day to remember, I want to totally overload her phone with 1438 valentines text messages...
This will take you 10 seconds, and I'd really appreciate it if you could help this be a huge success! 

1. Follow this link:(link)
2. Input her number (555-555-5555) Just leave the wireless carrier as Verizon.
3. Input this return address: 1438valentines@blahblahblah.com
4. Paste this message in the message box:
Happy Valentine's Day (Wife)! (Cheeseball) wanted me to tell you how much he loves you. Have a great day!


I wasn't going to do anything until I saw this comment on the wall:
Question - Hey (Cheeseball), is the number 1438 significant?
Answer from Cheeseball - Hmmmmm....well yes it is :) 1 letter in "I", 4 in "love", 3 in "you", and 8 is like a forever sign but sideways...

This convinced me (along with his disappearing off the face of the earth after getting married) to text his wife.  But not quite in the way he had planned.  My text said,

I am so much hotter than your husband!!


and Stephen's follow up text was 

Yeah, he's way hotter than your husband!!

The best part is that we didn't have to put in our phone numbers on the website so she has no idea who sent them.  All she knows is that someone out there is way hotter than her husband.  And I hope they have a pay per text phone plan.


There were quite a few people announcing that they were over the day, (I'm not sure if they were over Monday's or Valentines cause it was both) and a few saying they were out of love.  They probably just needed a hug. And I did see this more than once




Only 364 more days




2 comments:

Adrienne Versteeg said...

You're hilarious PJ. Hilarious.

Jocelyn said...

Ha you would send in that message. I LOVE IT. If my husband did that to me, I would smack him and say, REALLY? Why would it matter if a thousand people message me about how much YOU love me. Just give me a back massage and tell me yourself!

THAT is over the top right there. Love this post though.