Mar 28, 2011

Here I am, 11:51 pm on a Monday craving churros.  No, not the kind you get at Disney Land or Costco.  REAL Mexican churros.  Why? Cause I was just in Mexico.  That's why.  And I want real Mexican tacos.  And don't tell me that Moca Salsa is real.  It's really good but not authentic.  Did you know that burritos aren't really even Mexican? Don't believe me? Go to Mexico and ask for a burrito and you'll get a small donkey in your lap.   No joke.  It happens.

So why was I in Mexico this time?  No I did not smuggle anything back to the US, I declared everything I brought back which was 4 bottles of apple soda for Chris and a body without tan lines.  I went down with a group of people I didn't know at the time for a week of relaxation, surfing and Mexican good times.  It turned out quite well.  There was a huge house.  (In spanish I would say cason.  It was right above a beach.  In spanish beach is playa.  It's pronounce ply-yah, not like it's heternymphic cousin from the states which is pronounced "play-yah".  Anyway, enough of the grammar lesson.) 

Before we left we had plenty of people tell us that we were going to get kidnapped, murdered and our bones ground up and mixed in with the cocaine that was being smuggled into the US.  I wasn't too worried though, I feel like I know Mexico pretty well.  Anyway on our drive there (yes we drove.  1,716 miles to be exact) we had to avoid a few swerving cars who thought the shoulder was a passing lane and a car completely engulfed in flames.  But then we crossed the border from California to Mexico and everything was calm.  To everyone who told me I was going to be kidnapped I forgive you, and expect a Milky Way as part of your asking for forgiveness. 

Back to the trip.  So we surfed, ate, slept, stretched, played volleyball and soccer, took pictures and just enjoyed life without email, cell phones, the google machine and Facebook stalking for a week. It was one of the most relaxing things I've ever done and along with that I met some awesome people.  One of the best parts was when we went to the Doors of Faith Orphanage to do some painting and hang out with the kids.  I considered smuggling some of them home with me cause they were pretty awesome.

Anyway, that was my trip. If you want more details ask.  If not don't ask.  If you're indifferent check the "I'm indifferent" box below.










1 comment:

Jen Holtkamp said...

i was wondering what you were doing in mexico, sounds awesome like the life we all want everyday :) doesn't it make you want to move to CA?!?!